Who We Are
The Morgan County Partnership is a coalition made up of local citizens united in a shared vision of building a supportive network for our young people, their families and others connected with them. It also focuses on alcohol and drug prevention. The Partnership includes area nonprofits, governmental groups, the school district, churches, businesses and individuals.
Our Vision – The vision of the Morgan County Partnership is to engage, educate, and empower our community to ensure that all youth and families have the resources they need to thrive.
Our Mission – The mission of the Morgan County Partnership coalition is to plan and implement on-going strategies to prevent and reduce youth substance use and abuse.
A Few of Morgan County’s Challenges
- Youth report seeing little or no harm in abusing substances. (WV Pride Survey)
- Youth illicit drug use is increasing in the county, even as it is decreasing across the state. (WV Pride Survey)
- Morgan County’s youth report the lowest rates in the state of “my parents talk to me about drugs and alcohol”. (WV Pride Survey)
- Morgan County’s alcohol buy rate by youth (80%) is 4 times greater than WV overall (19.3%). (WV ABCA 2009 report)
- Morgan County youth report misusing opiates and benzodiazepines the most, which include Oxycontin, Hydrocodone, Xanax and Valium. (Morgan County Prescription Drug Survey 2010)
Check out the Morgan County Website for Rx Safety at www.morganpartnershiprx.org
Submit your “What GOOD are you doing?” Positive Youth Media Campaign pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 1, 2016- CLICK HERE to see the finalist
We are on Instagram! Follow us @MoCo_Partnership
To get up to date information about coalition’s activities, email Megan at email@example.com to join our coalition’s list serve
NEW DATA on Youth Rx Drug Use! CLICK HERE
ZOMBIE WALK 2015 was a HUGE Success! Go to the Morgan County Partnership’s Facebook page to check out some of the pictures from this event!
Keep Calm and Raise a Village T-Shirt Campaign:
Building assets for better communities benefiting Morgan County agencies. It takes a village to raise a child, and it takes children to raise a village. Build assets now for better communities later. $20 per shirt